Thursday, March 26, 2015

Designing instructional activities: differentiated instruction

      I remember my math teacher when I was at elemantary school. He has so much experiences about students so that he can easily make descriptions about students in his classroom. He recognized who is good at math from the first day and gave us tasks accordingly. In his exam, he had already known which student could solve problem 1 , problem 2. I was good at math those times and in one his exam, I couldn't solve the first problem which was the easiest one. Also, I was not the only one who was good at math and couldn't solve the problem. When we spoke with him, he said I have already known you couldn't solve this problem. The question was solved by everyone who took low grades, but I had solved all questions exept this one. He had known where I was good at. Also, he had always given as worksheets to improve our strengths in specific areas.

      When I become teacher, I will encourage my students to take risks, but for the reasonable ones. Also, I will teach and make them experienced about how they can have a sense of "what is reasonable?" so that they can take risks for their benefits and I think they will see the benefits of this even if they couldn't handle it. It makes them more experienced for the upcoming risks. I believe they will be the winner at the end of process.

2 comments:

  1. Differentiated instruction is very necessary to help students learn and succeed. So, your teacher shows what all instructors should do for students and this one is really important part of being teacher.
    Also, I agree with your future thoughts and I hope you will be a really good and effective teacher like your math teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Duygu for your good wishes. :)

    ReplyDelete