Saturday, March 7, 2015

Teaching as a Profession: Collaboration with Colleagues

       In my current college life, my relationship has always been good with my friends. I believe that they have lots of positive effects on me as I do on them. We always have conversations about our classes. These conversations could be on our homeworks, group works, projects, mid-terms, etc. . We help each other when we have a trouble about class issues. Thanks to that, we have a chance to understand our misconceptions.

       In the academic life, being successful requires studying hard. Also, collaboration needs working hard, so I think there is no weaknesses of collaboration if the concept was understood well. To improve collaboration skills, we should target our aim and know what we want. We should also consider goodness of each others. To gain experience, we should practice such collaborations because I think experience have a big importance when we talk about collaboration. Moreover, it is much easier when everybody knows their duties if there are distribution of tasks.

       When I become a teacher, I will transfer my knowledge about collaboration to my students when there is a task which requires collaboration by giving advices to them. I will begin to do that by teaching them steps which are where should they start, how can they think more efficiently and etc.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "it is much easier when everybody knows their duties if there are distribution of tasks." I totally agree with you because when we do this, collaboration seems more entertaining. Otherwise, it can turn into a disaster. I know that because in my highschool, there were so many people who did not do their duties that I hated the group works. However, now I have fun while I am working in groups since we are adults and wiser now and we know our duties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally aggree with your opininons Kaan because we should study hard in our academic life and we might exahust with the instructions. We can divide the duties each one and each one do their own duties. So being in an collaboration is very helpful for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also think being an adult plays an important role when we talk about collaboration. People know their responsibilities and duties. Collaboration can become stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some students dont't like the idea that studying cooperatively. As a result of this, there is a harsh competition among them. As teachers, we should encourage them to work in groups and pairs to engage them to collaboration. As you mentoned that collaboration is also important for the professional field to exchange ideas. sharing ideas helps us to see our weakness and strenght point through a different viewpoint.

    ReplyDelete